Christie’s Dreams Seafood is an existing local business that entered Startup St. Bernard to help launch a new product line — St. Bernard Parish branded seafood. The company plans to freeze and package fresh shrimp and soft shell crabs locally caught in St. Bernard Parish waters using a flash freezing method that guarantees premium quality. In the initial stages the business plans to sell the product at local farmers markets throughout Louisiana and to their existing wholesale customers in Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Long term, Christie’s Dreams Seafood will create a website to sell St. Bernard branded seafood throughout the United States.
Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer is a proud sponsor of Startup St. Bernard presented by the Meraux Foundation, an initiative of the St. Bernard Economic Development Foundation (SBEDF) designed to offer innovative entrepreneurs a chance to compete for a prize package worth $110,000 aimed at helping their business propel to the next level. Five finalists will pitch their businesses to a panel of judges at a live free public event on Monday, March 14, 2016.
Featured judges at the event will include:
• Peter Bodenheimer, COO of Plantbid, partner in Flatstack and Launch Pad
• Joel Dondis, Founder of Sucré
• Robbie Showalter, Chief Financial Officer of Boasso America Corporation
• Allen Square Jr., Founder of Square Button, member of New Orleans Startup Fund
• Ann Tuennerman, Founder of Tales of the Cocktail®